Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What if...

Have you ever thought about what life would be like without certain things, or if we lived in a totally different era? I know we think, "That'd be weird." But really, It wouldn't. Because if we'd never known those things that we were living without, or if we'd only ever known that era, nothing would really be missing or different at all. It would seem like everything was perfectly normal. For example: Just say you're a pioneer out on the Great Plains somewhere. What if you'd never seen a stove before? What do you really care? You've got your trusty old fire and skillet. Yeah, I know whats going through our heads. "I'd starve to death! I dont even know how to build a fire, must less cook over one." Yes, we'd starve NOW, because all we've ever known is our handy dandy stove. But if we'd lived THEN, we would be like, "Oh yeah! Let's get this fire going and have some buffalo casserole tonight!" And we'd know exactly what to do, and it wouldn't seem strange at all. It'd be perfectly normal.
Have you ever thought about what your life would be like if you never knew anyone you know now, if they were all different people? Yeah, we think, "Oh my gosh, are you crazy? I don't know how I'd survive." But the thing is, like I said before, If  you'd never known the people you know now, it'd be perfectly normal. Sometimes if I'm just walking around in the mall or something, I'll imagine people into my life. Like, what if that girl buying the chocolate chip cookie was my best friend? What if that tall athletic guy in hat shack was my brother? What if my dad was that businessman in the grey suit on the escalator? What if my mom was that lady trying on shoes in Nine West? What if that Marine that just walked by was my soul mate and I just missed out? And it goes on and on and on. I think about things like that all the time. It may seem strange to some people, but it's not. Those who may think it's strange are usually those who take nearly everything in life for granted. I personally believe that we shouldn't take anything or anyone at all for granted. I mean, yeah, its there. The people in our lives are there. For now. But we never know when anyone or anything could be taken from us in a split second.
Life is unpredictable. So I believe we should live as if we would die tomorrow, love as if tomorrow will never come, & dance when we get the chance, because there may not be another. If we actually lived like that, the world would seem so much different.
Like those kids who don't have parents or food in third-world countries. What if we actually started doing something about it, instead of just watching those commmercials and just thinking, "Oh, how sad." and then changing the channel ? What if we stood up for what we believe in and stopped sitting around waiting for something to change and complaining when it doesn't? What if we all stepped out of our comfort zones to live our dreams?
What if? It's just two words. But they can change a lot. So...
What if we let them?

♥Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment